Souvlaki is a Greek specialty made with tender cuts of meat. In this lamb kebab recipe, the meat is marinated in a lemon olive oil and served in a warm pitta!
Thyme 3 g
Garlic 12 g
Lemon Zest 15 g
Red Wine 100 ml
Olive Oil 100 ml
Cubed Lamb 450 g
Lemon Juice 60 ml
Salt 1 g
Pepper 1 g
Chilli Flakes 2 g
Wholemeal Pitta Bread 300 g
1. In a bowl, mix together the thyme, garlic, lemon zest, red wine and 3/4 of the olive oil.
2. Add the cubes of lamb and coat them well in the marinade. Cover and leave for 2-3 hours.
3. Remove the lamb from the marinade. Add the remaining oil and lemon juice and whisk together.
4. Thread 4-5 pieces of lamb on to metal skewers. Place them on a baking tray and brush them with the remaining marinade and season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook the skewers under a hot grill for 6-8 minutes, turning them occasionally, until the lamb is cooked through.
6. Sprinkle with chilli flakes and serve with the wholemeal pitta bread.
Submit a review