The beauty of making your own energy bars is that you know exactly what's in them! This quick and easy energy bar recipe is packed with crunchy nuts and chewy sweet cherries. They are perfect for fueling your next workout session.
Almonds 75 g
Brazil Nuts 75 g
Walnuts 75 g
Pumpkin Seeds 75 g
Oats 250 g
Dried Cherries 150 g
Brown Sugar 225 g
Honey 170 g
Butter 200 g
1. Preheat oven to 200C. Cut baking parchment to fit your baking sheet.
2. Chop all the nuts into small pieces and place them in a large bowl. Add the oats and pumpkin seeds to the bowl and mix. Chop the cherries and add to the oats and nuts and mix until evenly combined.
3. To a pan add the sugar, honey and butter. Slowly bring to a gentle boil and cook for 5-8 minutes, until the mixture has turned golden brown.
6. Combine the hot sugar mixture to the oats, cherries and nuts. Stir well to combine.
7. Spoon the mixture onto the lined baking tray and pack it down using a spatula or the back of a spoon.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the surface is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack, then cut into bars or squares.
Submit a review