This quick and easy hummus recipe is extremelly versatile, have as a sandwich filler, dip carrots or spread as on a cracker. It is high in fibre, low in sugar and salt and also dairy-, egg-, and gluten-free.
Chickpeas 460 g (2 tins drained
Water 70 g (7tbsp)
Tahini 20 g (2tbsp)
Garlic 3 g (1 clove)
Lemon Juice 40 g (from 1 lemon)
Olive Oil 20 g (2tbsp)
1. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water. Then add the chickpeas, along with 7 tbsp of water, into a food processor.
2. Add the tahini, garlic and lemon juice to the food processor and blend.
3. Allow the ingredients to mix.
4. Pour the oil in slowly, mixing the ingredients with a spoon, until smooth.
5. When the mixture is smooth place hummus in a serving dish and keep in the fridge.
Submit a review