This recipe makes juicy, flavoursome burgers which are also egg free!
Grated Onion 150 g
Black Beans 170 g
Ketchup 20 g
Chilli Powder 20 g
Cumin 10 g
Pepper 1 g
Lean Ground Turkey 550 g
Gouda Cheese 100 g
Olive Oil 10ml
Whole Wheat Burger Bun 100 g
Roasted Red Pepper 60 g
1. In a bowl combine the onion, black beans, ketchup, chilli powder, cumin and pepper with a fork while lightly mashing the black beans.
2. Gently add in the turkey until everything is evenly distributed.
3. Form four large balls with the mixture.
4. Push a cheese cube into the middle of each ball and then cover with the meat.
5. Heat a nonstick pan with olive oil over medium-high heat. Sear the burgers for 90 seconds per side.
6. Lower heat to medium and cook covered for 12-15 minutes per side.
7. Serve the burgers on a toasted bun with roasted red pepper.
Submit a review