Try this chicken recipe for your next midweek meal, its low in salt, low in sugar, low in saturated fat and packed with protein!
Wild Rice 50 g
Brown Rice 125 g
Mustard 40 g
Rapeseed Oil 35 ml
Water 30 ml
Red Wine Vinegar 15 ml
Pepper 1 g
Chicken 260 g
Broccoli 150 g
Tomatoes 300 g
Spinach 100 g
Mint 5 g
1.Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the wild rice and boil for 12 minutes. Add the brown rice and continue to cook for 15-20 minutes, until both types are cooked. Drain.
2. To make the dressing whisk the mustard and oil together in a bowl to form a paste. Add the water and vinegar. Season with pepper to taste.
3. Poach the chicken for 15-20 minutes until fully cooked. Leave to cool slightly then cut into bite-sized pieces.
4. Boil the broccoli, keeping it crunchy. When cooked cut into chunks.
5. Chop the tomatoes into chunks and coarsely chop the spinach and mint.
6. Toss the ingredients together in a bowl and add as much dressing as desired. Serve.
Submit a review