The roasted butternut squash adds a wonderful twist to this pasta bake. Try this recipe after a demanding day of training or a difficult race, featuring carbohydrates, protein, fat and of course delicious flavors. Rich in vitamins A and C, the butternut squash in this pasta dish can aid your immune system.
Butternut Squash 1300 g
Shallot 45 g
Pepper 2 g
Rigatoni Pasta 350 g
Turkey Rashers 150 g
Ricotta 80 g
Mozzarella 80 g
Parmesan 50 g
Breadcrumbs 50 g
Olive Oil 10 ml
1. Heat the oven to 220C. Toss the squash, shallot and pepper on a baking sheet and roast until golden approx. 20 to 25 minutes, tossing once partway through.
2. Boil a large pot of water and cook pasta according to package instructions.
3. Cook the turkey rashers under the grill until cooked approx. 15 minutes.
4. In a food processor, combine the butternut squash, ricotta, mozzarella and 30 g Parmesan until smooth.
5. When the pasta is done cooking, drain the water, place back in the pot and immediately stir in the butternut squash sauce.
6. Cut the turkey rashers and add to the pasta and stir together. Prepare a baking dish with non-stick spray. And add the pasta into the dish.
7. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs over the top and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
Submit a review