These nutrient rich energy bars are a good source of fibre and low in salt. A perfect on the go snack or a pre workout snack!
Hazelnuts 45 g
Dried Apricots 100 g
Dried Mango 80 g
Rolled Oats 250 g
Raisins 80 g
Pumpkin Seeds 45 g
Sesame Seeds 20 g
Butter 120 g
Honey 140 g
Apple Juice 85 ml
Brown Sugar 40 g
1. Preheat your oven to 170C. Chop the hazelnuts, apricots and mango into small pieces and add to a large mixing bowl, along with the oats, raisins, pumpkin and sesame seeds.
2. Cut the butter into chunks and add to a small pan along with the honey, apple juice and sugar.
3. Heat until bubbling and then pour this mix onto the oats and fruit in the bowl. Stir well and allow 5 minutes for the oats to absorb the moisture.
4. Line the baking sheet with the parchment and add the mixture, pressing very firmly to compress it. Cover with another sheet of baking parchment and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Cool thoroughly, and then cut to your desired shape. Clingfilm and keep in the fridge until required.
Submit a review