After a hard days training, this high carbohydrate dish will help replenish those energy levels to get you moving again!
Pork (diced) 400 g
Apples (chopped) 220 g
Butternut Squash (chopped) 120 g
Onion (chopped) 60 g
Garlic Clove 5 g
Water 450 ml
Cumin Seeds 5 g
Chilli Flakes 1 g
Coriander Seeds 6 g
Pumpkin Seeds 10 g
Apple Juice 500 ml
Olive Oil 5 ml
Bulgur Wheat 200 g
Parsley 20 g
Chives 10 g
1. Prepare the vegetables. Heat the oil in a large pan - it needs to be hot. Add the pork and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently until a light brown colour is achieved.
2. Add the onion, cumin, chilli flakes and coriander, and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and then the apple juice. Simmer, but don't boil as this will toughen the meat.
3. Cook for 20 minutes and then add the squash and apples. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes until the squash is cooked.
4. While that's simmering, boil the 450 ml of water and add to the bulgur wheat and oil. Cover with a lid or cling film and allow to 'hydrate' for at least 5 minutes.
5. Add the chopped herbs, season, and stir in. Season the pan mixture and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Place on top of the herbed bulgar wheat and serve.
Click on symbols to view recipes by allergens
Submit a review