Simple and tasty vegetarian open sandwich that is rich in antioxidants .
Tomato (medium-sized vine-ripened) 680 g (8 units)
Olive Oil (extra virgin) 40 ml (4 tbsp)
Wholemeal Bread (thick slices) 176 g (4 units)
Garlic Clove 5 g (1 unit)
Pine Nuts (toasted) 10 g (25 units)
Fresh Mint 3 g
Balsamic Vinegar 10 ml (1 tbsp)
Ricotta 100 g
1. Heat oven to 190 C.
2. Put the tomato halves in a roasting tin in a single layer.
3. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the oil and roast for 20 minutes. Set aside.
4. Toast the bread, then rub with the garlic. Save the clove for the pesto.
5. Brush a bit more oil over the bread and put on 4 plates.
6. Using a food processor, whizz together the pine nuts, mint, garlic, remaining oil and vinegar.
7. Thickly spread the ricotta on the bread, then top with the roasted tomatoes and some mint pesto.
Submit a review