Quick and easy apricot and oat energy bites, they are a good source of fibre, low in fat, dairy free, egg free and suitable for vegetarians. The perfect snack to keep you going between meals!
Oats 20 g
Chickpeas 200 g
Mustard 15 g
Brown Bread 45 g
Honey 15 g
Apricots 45 g
1. In non-stick frying pan toast the oats on a low heat, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes until lightly coloured. Allow to cool on a flat baking tray.
2. In a food processor blend the chickpeas with the mustard until a coarse texture is reached. Empty into a large bowl.
3. Make the breadcrumbs by adding bread to a food processor.
4. Add the breadcrumbs along with the honey and apricots to the chickpeas. Stir well to ensure evenly combined mixture.
5. Using your hands, mould the mix into your desired shape and size. Roll them in the oats for an even, outer coating.
6. Cover them with cling film and put in the fridge for 2-3 hours until firm.
Submit a review