Ruby, from our Active Kids course, was kind enough to share her yummie chocolate brownies recipe with us. Ruby recommends you use a good quality dark chocolate to make these truly delicious treats!
Dark Chocolate 225 g
Butter 225 g
Sugar 300 g
Eggs (whole) 150 g
Vanilla Essence 3 g
Wheat Flour 75 g
Baking Powder 5 g
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C (gas mark 4).
2. Line a 22 X 30 cm (9 X 12 inch) baking tray with non-stick parchment paper.
3. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure the base of bowl does not touch the water.
4. Stir constantly until melted and smooth.
5. With an electric whisk, combine the sugar and eggs for about 2 - 3 minutes until pale and light.
6. Slowly add the melted chocolate and butter, then add the vanilla extract and continue to whisk until thickened.
7. Lastly, add the sifted flour and baking powder and fold in gently.
8. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 30 minutes until the top is firm and the brownies have come away slightly from the side of the tin.
9. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. When cooled, cut into 24 squares.
Submit a review