Try out this recipe that involves delicious poached pears, creamy vanilla rice and a hint of coconut - perfect for warming you up on cold nights!
Water 600 ml
Caster Sugar 260 g (150 g for poaching, 70 g for rice, 40 g for caramelisation)
Juice of a Lemon 10 ml
Pears 600 g
Pudding Rice 200 g
Milk 560 ml
Coconut Milk 100 ml
Vanilla Pod 4 g (2 units)
Sunflower oil 3 ml (1 tsp)
1. Add the water, caster sugar and lemon juice to a saucepan and bring to the simmer. Add peeled and halved pears to the simmer mixture and leave for 5- 10 minutes or until pears are tender.
2. In a saucepan, on a low heat, cook the rice with the milk, coconut milk, sugar, and vanilla pod and its seeds. This will take approximately 15 minutes and should be stirred occasionally.
3. While the rice is cooking, drain the pears and sprinkle them with caster sugar.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the pears. Caramelise them until golden.
5. Placed the cooked rice into bowls and top them with the pears.
Submit a review