This apple and cranberry chutney recipe is perfect for Christmas - it is great as an accompaniment to cold cuts of meat and cheese, perfect for your Christmas get togethers!
Apples 750 g
Onion 225 g
Ginger 25 g
Peppercorns 1 g
Granulated Sugar 250 g
Cider Vinegar 125 ml
Cranberries 250 g
1. Place all the ingredients except the cranberries into a large saucepan and heat gently, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves.
2. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 40-50 minutes. Stir regularly.
3. Once the apples and onions have softened and the mixture has thickened, add the cranberries.
4. Cook for 10 minutes, until the cranberries are soft but not burst. Pour the hot chutney into sterilised jars and seal.
5. It's important to store unopened in a cool, dark place. The chutney will keep for up to 6 months refrigerated.
Submit a review