This Mexican-inspired stew is not only delicious but is low in salt and fat, and is gluten free and egg free.
Water 360 ml
Rice 360 g
Olive Oil 10 ml (1tbsp)
Garlic Cloves (crushed) 10 g (2 units)
Ground Cumin 2 g
Paprika 4 g
Water 100 ml
Tomatoes (chopped) 200 g
Red Pepper (cut into chunks) 160 g (1 unit)
Carrot (cut into chunks) 100 g
Onion (sliced) 75 g (1/2 unit)
White Fish Fillets (cut into chunks) 200 g
Coriander (chopped) 5 g
Lemon (cut into wedges) 80 g
For the rice:
1. Place rice in a pan.
2. Boil water in a kettle and pour boiled water over the rice.
3. Bring rice to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes, while rice is simmering prepare the spicy fish stew.
For the Spicy Fish Stew:
1. Heat oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the garlic, cumin and paprika and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add 100ml water and the tomatoes. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat.
4. Add the pepper, carrot and onion, and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the fish, simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Serve rice and spicy fish stew with coriander and lemon wedge.
Submit a review