This nettle soup is a great favourite in the spring when the nettles are young. Nettles a good source of minerals and vitamins so it has great health benefits.
Olive Oil 15 ml
Onion (chopped) 150 g
Carrot (diced) 80 g
Leek (washed and finely sliced) 160 g
Large Potato (thinly sliced) 220 g
Vegetable Stock Cube 10 g (1 Unit)
Water 990 ml
Stinging or Dead Nettles (washed, leaves picked) 400 g
Butter (diced) 50 g
Double Cream 50 g
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, leek and potato, and cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
2. Add the stock cube to boiling water.
3. Add the stock to the saucepan and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the potato is soft.
4. Add the nettle leaves, simmer for 1 minute to wilt.
5. Blend the soup and stir in the butter and cream.
6. Serve the soup scattered with dead nettle flower.
Submit a review