Hearty low fat and low salt soup that will transport you to Mexico!
Rapeseed Oil 5 ml (1tsp)
Red onion 150 g
Garlic Cloves 6 g
Yellow Pepper 160 g
Ground Cumin 2 g
Chilli Powder 5 g
Tinned Tomatoes 400 g
Tomato Puree 20 g
Mixed Beans 400 g
Water 300 ml
Salt 1 g
Black Pepper 1 g
Greek Yogurt 45 g
Coriander, Fresh 3 g
Lime Wedges 10 g (3 leaves)
1. Add oil to pot and place over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently for three minutes, stirring regularly.
3. Add the pepper and cook for two minutes.
4. Stir in the spices and cook for a few seconds, then add the tomatoes, tomato puree and mixed beans.
5. Pour over cold water, bring to boil and then reduce to a gentle simmer.
6. Season with salt and ground black pepper and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve with the yoghurt, coriander and lime wedges.
Submit a review