Try this colorful and fruity side dish and bring some South American flavor in your kitchen! It is a great way to incorporate quinoa in your diet, which is packed with nutrients, easily digestible and has a complete source of proteins. Suitable for Vegetarians and Vegans, very low in salt and gluten free.
Quinoa 200 g
Dried Apricots 65 g
Lemon Zest 10 g
Lemon Juice (from 1/2 a lemon) 20 ml
Olive Oil 20 ml
Parsley 5 g
Mint 5 g
Pine Nuts (toasted) 50 g
1. Cook quinoa following the pack instructions, then drain if there is any excess liquid.
2. Meanwhile, pour some boiling water over the apricots in a bowl to plump them up.
3. Tip the cooked quinoa into a bowl and stir in the lemon zest, juice and olive oil with some seasoning.
4. Drain the apricots, roughly chop, and stir into the quinoa along with the herbs.
5. Scatter with pine nuts and serve.
Submit a review