This chicken sandwich is low in fat and saturated fat and contains approximately 1 g of salt per serving, ideal for a heart friendly light meal. Can also easily be made coeliac friendly by using gluten-free bread.
Natural Youghurt 10 g
Mayonnaise 10 g
Celery (chopped) 20 g
Onion (finely chopped) 10 g
Chicken Breast (chopped) 70 g
Wholegrain Bread 80 g
Tomato (chopped) 60 g
Lettuce Leaves 7 g
1. Stir together the youghurt, mayonnaise, celery, onion and chicken in a bowl.
2. Place the chicken mixture on one slice of bread or if you want an open sandwich spread the chicken mixture evenly over the two slices of bread.
3. Top with the tomato and lettuce.
4. If making a closed sandwich place the 2nd slice over the mixture.
5. Cut across the middle and serve on a plate.
Submit a review