Vegeterian Couscous with added fibre from flaxeeds, topped with asparagus, zucchini and red bell pepper. This dish is flavourful and filling to make a quick and filling lunch or serve as a quick weeknight supper.
Water 295 ml
Whole Wheat Couscous with Fax Seed 285 g
Butter 25 g
Chopped Fresh Basil 1 g
Olive Oil 15 ml
Asparagus 455 g
Zucchini 150 g
Red Bell Pepper 160 g
Garlic 5 g
Extra Basil for Serving 1 g
1. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan and stir in couscous. Bring back to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer couscous until water is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and allow to stand covered for about 5 more minutes to let couscous dry.
3. Stir butter and 1 teaspoon basil lightly into couscous until butter is melted.
4. Set couscous aside.
5. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
6. Cook and stir asparagus, zucchini, red bell pepper, and garlic in the hot oil until the vegetables are tender and just starting to brown, about 10 minutes.
7. Season with salt and black pepper.
8. Pack the couscous tightly into a measuring cup or bowl. Place serving platter face down on top of the cup, invert the platter, and remove cup to turn couscous out onto the platter in a rounded shape.
9. Arrange cooked vegetables around the mound of couscous.
10. Place 1 sprig of basil in center of couscous to serve
Submit a review