This delicious coconut-flavoured salad, topped with famous Dublin Bay Prawns, will certainly turn heads at the kitchen table. This recipe is dairy and egg free and coeliac friendly.
Basmati Rice 200 g
Coconut Milk 200 ml
Lime Zest 40 g
Lime Juice 40 ml
Sweet Chilli Sauce 40 ml
Cooked Large Prawns 200 g
Cucumber (halved and sliced diagonally) 60 g
Coriander Leaves (chopped) 3 g
Sugar Snap Peas (halved length-ways) 100 g
1. Tip the rice into a saucepan with the coconut milk and enough cold water to cover with an inch of water. Bring to the boil, then cook over a medium heat for 10 mins or until the liquid has gone. Stir, cover, take off heat and leave for 5 mins until fluffy.
2. Spread over a dinner plate to cool quickly.
3. Meanwhile, make a dressing by stirring together the lime zest and juice and sweet chilli sauce. Stir prawns into the dressing and set aside while the rice finishes cooling.
4. Fluff up the rice with a fork, then toss with the cucumber, coriander leaves and sugar snap peas. Serve in bowls, scattered with prawns and dressing.
5. Chill time is advised however this dish can be served warm.
Submit a review