Looking for a hot bowl of porridge on a cold winters day? Why not shake things up by trying this farro and nutty style porridge! This version uses a dairy free coconut milk, making it suitable for vegans.
Farro 225 g
Ground Flax Seeds 14 g (1 heaped tbsp)
Coconut Milk 480 ml
Maple Syrup 10 ml (1/2 tbsp)
Cinnamon 1 g
Nutmeg 1 g
Fresh Blueberries 30 g
Dried Cranberries 50 g
Almond Slivers 10 g
Shredded Coconut 12 g
1. Pour the farro, ground flax seeds and coconut milk into a medium pot. Heat on medium-low on your hob, adding in the seasonings and sweeteners (maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg). Simmer until tender and most liquid is absorbed - about 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, preheat your oven (or toaster oven) to 180C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the shredded coconut and almond slivers onto the baking sheet.
3. Toast for about 5-8 minutes, keeping a constant watch, as the nuts will toast quite quickly.
4. Toss halfway through the baking process to ensure an even browning.
5. Remove from oven and set aside.
6. Scoop the cooked farro into serving bowls. Top with fresh blueberries and dried cranberries. Sprinkle with the toasted almond and coconut mixture.
Submit a review