An indulgent snack of naturally sweet carrots, cream cheese and Marmite. Couscous is also added to boost the carb count to help with endurance so it makes this a perfect pre-workout snack!
Sesame Seeds 25 g
Brown Breadcrumbs 20 g
Hot Water 25 g
Couscous 25 g
Finely Grated Carrots 75 g
Dried Cranberries 15 g
Cream Cheese (Low Fat) 75 g
Marmite 10 g
1. In a dry, non-stick frying pan over a low heat, toast the sesame seeds until they are light brown in colour. This normally takes 2 minutes, be careful not to burn them.
2. Make the breadcrumbs by adding bread to a food processor for approximately 20 seconds.
3. Boil the water and add it to the couscous. Set aside and allow 5 minutes for it to absorb.
4. Now add all of the ingredients, except the sesame seeds, to a bowl and mix well. Using your hands, mould the mix to your desired shape and size.
Roll each bite in the cooled sesame seeds until lightly coated.
5. Wrap in cling film or foil and keep in the fridge until cooled, approximately 2-3 hours.
Submit a review