Kofta are cooked in a smooth, spicy, aromatic sauce which when served with rice can make a warming, flavoursome, quick meal.
Lean Beef Mince 500 g
Garlic Clove (chopped) 6 g (1 unit)
Grated Fresh Ginger 1 g
Ground Chilli 1 g
Garam Masala 1 g
Onions (Grated) 160 g (2 units)
Korma Curry Paste 25 g
Sunflower Oil 20 ml (2 tbsp)
Beef Stock 10 g (1 cube)
Water 190 ml
Tomatoes (chopped) 10 g
Evaporated Milk 175 ml
Lemon Juice 40 ml
Peas (frozen) 60 g
1. Combine the beef, garlic, ginger, chilli, garam masala, half the onion and 1 tablespoon of curry paste. Form into walnut-sized balls (kofta balls).
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the kofta balls and cook in batches until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate.
3. Boil the kettle and add water to stock cube.
4. Add the remaining onion to the pan and cook over a low heat until soft and golden. Add the remaining curry paste, stock and tomatoes on a medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes.
5. Add the milk and lemon juice. Return to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes.
Submit a review