Asparagus goes well with egg and this is an easy way to enjoy them together. This recipe is quick and easy, it's low in sugar and is suitable for coeliacs and vegetarians.
Asparagus 100 g
Butter 5 g
Eggs 110 g (2 small units)
Salt 1 g
1. Steam the asparagus until tender and then place to one side.
2. Heat the butter in a small frying pan.
3. Beat the eggs and pour onto the pan, tilting the pan to ensure an even layer.
4. When the egg starts to 'curl' at the edges use a spatula to agitate and ensure it does not stick to the pan.
5. When the underside is slightly brown, season with salt and lay the asparagus in one half of the omelette and fold in half. Reduce the heat and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Serve the omelette on a heated plate and enjoy.
Submit a review