This is a great simple comfort food, which makes a good accompaniment to other dishes or just perfect on its own as a main course. Suitable for vegetarians, low salt, low fat and gluten free.
Olive oil 10 ml
Onion (chopped) 150 g (1 medium unit)
Garlic Cloves (crushed) 12 g (4 units)
Courgettes (quartered length ways and cut into chunks) 450 g (3 units)
Tomatoes (chopped) 800 g
Bunch Basil (torn) 5 g
Parmesan Cheese (grated) 25 g
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes until softened and starting to go golden brown.
3. Add the garlic and cook for 5 more minutes.
4. Add the courgettes and cook for about 5 minutes until starting to soften.
5. Tip in the tomatoes and give everything a good stir.
6. Simmer for 35-40 mins or until tomatoes are reduced and courgettes soft, then stir in the basil and Parmesan.
Submit a review