Asian style steamed vegetables in their own delicious juices - this dish is light, tasty, ceoliac friendly, low fat, low salt and suitable for vegetarians.
Carrots (cut into sticks) 80 g (10 units)
Turnips (cut into wedges) 110 g (1 unit)
Dry Sherry 10 ml (1 tbsp)
Soy Sauce 20 ml (2 tbsp)
Courgette (cut into 1 cm slices) 90 g (1 unit)
Asparagus Spears 100 g (4 units)
Fresh Shiitake mushrooms (sliced into four) 30 g (3 units)
Butter 25 g
Spring Onions (shredded) 20 g (2 units)
Smoked Tofu 100 g
1. Mix together the carrot and turnip, then marinade with the sherry and soy sauce for about 10 mins in a heatproof shallow bowl that will fit inside a steamer basket.
2. Bring a pan to the boil, fit the steamer basket, place the bowl inside, cover and steam for 4-5 mins.
3. Add the courgettes, asparagus and mushrooms, stirring to mix, dot with the butter, sprinkle with the spring onion, cover and continue steaming for another 3 mins.
4. Add the tofu, and continue steaming for 2 mins.
5. Remove the bowl and mix everything together one more time.
Submit a review