Fresh ingredients, including rosemary, basil and garlic, contribute to the mouthwatering flavor. Great for Thanksgiving or any other occasion.
Olive Oil 180 ml
Garlic (minced) 25 g
Fresh Rosemary (chopped) 3 g
Fresh Basil (chopped) 3 g
Italian Seasoning 5 g
Ground Black Pepper 2 g
Whole Turkey 5 kg
1. Preheat oven to 165 degrees C.
2. In a small bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, Italian seasoning, black pepper and salt. Set aside.
3. Wash the turkey inside and out, pat dry. Remove any large fat deposits.
4. Loosen the skin from the breast. This is done by slowly working your fingers between the breast and the skin. Work it loose to the end of the drumstick, being careful not to tear the skin.
5. Using your hand, spread a generous amount of the rosemary mixture under the breast skin and down the thigh and leg. Rub the remainder of the rosemary mixture over the outside of the breast.
6. Use toothpicks to seal skin over any exposed breast meat.
7. Place the turkey on a rack in a roasting pan.
8. Add about 1/4 inch of water to the bottom of the pan. Roast in the preheated oven 3 to 4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the bird reaches 80 degrees C.
Click on symbols to view recipes by allergens
Submit a review