This rustic, homey roasted veggie dish is the perfect comfort food for all you healthy eaters. Takes a little bit more time to prepare, but absolutely worth trying!
Zucchini (peeled and chopped) 720 g
Eggplant (peeled and diced) 260 g
Carrots (diced) 640 g
Cherry Tomatoes 240 g
Red Onion 300 g
Red Bell Pepper (sliced) 160 g
Yellow Bell Pepper (sliced) 160 g
Olive Oil 120 ml
Dried Rosemary 1 g
Dried Thyme 1 g
Bay Leaves (crushed) 2 g
Dried Oregano 2 g
Garlic Cloves (minced) 10 g
Fresh Lemon Juice 30 ml
Lemon Zest (grated) 2 g
1. In a large bowl mix the zucchini, eggplant, carrots, tomatoes, onions and peppers with the oil, rosemary, thyme, bay leaves, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
2. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, and preferably overnight.
3. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
4. On a large roasting pan, roast the vegetables, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the tomatoes have split and the edges of some of the vegetables are starting to crisp.
5. Remove from the oven and stir before returning to the oven for another 20 minutes.
6. At this time reduce heat to 95 degrees C and continue cooking until vegetables are tender, turning every 20 minutes.
Submit a review