Delicious and filling vegetarian spinach and ricotta pasta with roast butternut squash and shallots. This pasta recipe is packed with colourful vegetables, full in flavour, low in fat and high in fibre.
Butternut Squash (peeled and diced) 800 g
Shallots (quartered lengthwise) 400 g
Olive Oil 20 ml
Wholemeal Pasta 400 g
Baby Spinach Leaves 300 g
Ricotta 60 g
Sage Leaves (very finely chopped) 8 g
Lemon Zest and Juice 20 ml (1 unit)
Nutmeg (grated) 2 g
1. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
2. Tip the squash and shallots into a large roasting dish. Toss in the oil, season and roast for 40 minutes, stirring once.
3. Meanwhile, cook the pasta following pack instructions, reserving a few table spoons of cooking water.
4. Place the spinach in a large colander and pour over boiling water to wilt. Allow to cool a little, then squeeze out as much excess water as possible.
5. Pop into a bowl with two-thirds of the ricotta, the sage, lemon juice and zest, nutmeg and stir.
6. Next, tip the ricotta mixture into the hot drained pasta. Stir, adding a few tbsp of the cooking liquid.
7. Mix most of the roasted veg with the pasta.
8. Divide into bowls and dot with the remaining ricotta and scatter over any final bits of veg.
Submit a review