Fennel Seeds 10 g (1tbsp)
Black Peppercorns 5 g (1tsp)
Garlic Cloves (chopped) 10 g
Orange Zest 15 g
Rosemary (finely chopped) 7 g
Olive Oil 10 ml (1tbsp)
Pork Shoulder or Loin 1 kg
Onion (sliced) 150 g
Water 600 ml
White Wine 400 ml
Redcurrant Jelly 10 g (1tbsp)
1. Heat oven to 180C.
2. Crush the fennel seeds and peppercorns coarsely using a pestle and mortar. Add the garlic and crush again to make a paste. Stir in orange zest along with the rosemary and oil.
3. Rub the paste all over the pork, then cover with foil.
4. Place the onion in the base of a roasting tin.
5. Put the pork on top and pour 600 ml water into the tin.
6. Roast the joint for 1 hour.
7. Add the wine to the tin, then roast for 1 hour or until cooked. Baste the joint a few times.
8. Remove the joint from the oven, strain off the meat juices, tightly cover joint with foil, then leave to rest for 15 minutes.
9. Pour meat juices into a pan, add the jelly and bring to the boil, stirring to dissolve it. Thickly slice the pork and serve with a little of the juices poured over.
Submit a review