This easy pumpkin soup is full of flavour! Pumpkin is a great source of fibre and vitamin E, so not only is this soup delicious it is also nutritious!
Pumpkin (peeled, seeded and cubed) 775 g
Carrots (chopped) 160 g
Onions (cut into wedges) 300 g
Vegetable Oil 40 ml
Water 945 ml
Vegetable Stock Cube 10 g (1 unit)
Large Potato sliced 220 g
Cream 235 g
Ground Nutmeg 10 g
Ground Black Pepper 2 g
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
2. Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting pan. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
3. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until soft but not blackened.
4. In a large pot over medium heat, bring water and vegetable stock cube to a boil.
5. Cook potato in simmering water until soft, about 20 minutes.
6. Combine potato and water with roasted vegetables and puree in a blender or food processor.
7. Return to pot over low heat, and stir in cream, nutmeg and pepper.
8. Heat gently and serve.
Submit a review