Feeling fishy? Try this classic fish pie dish. Not only is it easy to make its low in salt, sugar and fat and a good source a fibre.
Cod Fillet 220 g (2 medium)
Potatoes 450 g (2 medium units)
Whole Milk 45 ml
Butter 5 g
Black Pepper 1 g
Parsley 5 g
Juice of a Lemon 15 ml
Cheddar Cheese (grated) 20 g (2 tbsp)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C
2. Cook the fish in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until opaque and flakey.
3. While the fish is baking, cut the potatoes into small cubes and boil in a pot until tender.
4. Drain the water and add the milk, butter, black pepper and parsley to the potatoes and mash together.
5. Remove the fish from the oven and place in a bowl, add the lemon juice and break up the fish into flakes, mixing in the lemon juice.
3. Place the fish in an oven dish and top with the potato mix.
4. Sprinkle cheese on top and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Submit a review