This sandwich is a good source of nutrients, and the combination of the homemade mint pesto with the roast tomatoes makes a taste sensation. Why not make some extra pesto and use it in your next pasta dish!
Vine Ripened Tomatoes (halved) 680 g
Olive Oil 40 ml
Wholemeal Bread 176 g
Garlic Clove 5 g
Pine Nuts (toasted) 10 g
Fresh Mint 3 g
Balsamic Vinegar 10 ml
Ricotta Cheese 100 g
1. Preheat oven to 190C.
2. Place the tomatoes in a roasting tin in a single layer. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil, season well and roast for 20 minutes.
3. Set the roasted tomatoes aside.
4. Toast the bread, then rub with the garlic (save the clove for the pesto).
5. Brush the bread with oil and put on 4 plates.
6. In a food processor, whizz together the pine nuts, mint, garlic, oil and vinegar.
7. Thickly spread the ricotta on the bread. Then top with the roasted tomatoes and mint pesto.
Submit a review