Try this delicious fillet steak recipe for a special ocassion. The mustard and black pepper flavours add to the taste of the meat and the addition of the procuitto provides a novel twist! Suitable for coeliacs, and egg and dairy intolerant.
Cracked Pepper 5 g
Fillet Steaks (10 units) 1 kg
Vegetable Oil (1 tbsp) 10 ml
Prosciutto (10 units) 230 g
Dijon Mustard 100 g
1. Heat oven to 200 C/fan 180 C/gas 6.
2. Season the fillets generously with the cracked pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or flameproof roasting tray until starting to smoke. Then, one at a time, sear the fillets until brown on all sides, about 6 mins per fillet. Leave the beef to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, lay the prosciutto so that it is overlapping on two large sheets of grease proof paper.
5. Brush the beef all over with mustard and place on the prosciutto. Wrap the prosciutto around the beef and secure with string.
6. Sit the fillets next to each other on a roasting tray and roast for 40 mins for medium or 50 mins for well done. Leave the beef to cool in the roasting tray. Dab the fillets with kitchen paper to remove any excess juices.
7. Then either carve into thin slices and lay over two platters or place the fillets on the platters and serve with a carving knife and fork, so that guests can help themselves.
Submit a review