Colourful Italian Casserole for lunch or dinner topped with sardines and cherry tomatoes. Easy way to include Omega-3 fatty acids in your diet (from Sardines).
Potatoes 455 g
Extra Virgin Olive Oil 45 ml
Sardines (drained) 125 g
Cherry Tomatoes (diced) 225 g
Garlic Cloves (chopped) 10 g ( 2 Units)
Dried Basil 3 g
Bread Crumbs 15 g
1. Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
3. Cover with cold water and allow to sit until cool, draining and replacing the cold water as needed.
4. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly.
5. Preheat an oven to 175 degrees C.
6. Grease a casserole dish with the olive oil.
7. Line the casserole dish with an even layer of potato slices.
8. Top with a layer of sardine fillets.
9. Scatter the diced tomatoes over the sardines.
10. Sprinkle the garlic, basil, and bread crumbs over the tomatoes.
11. Bake in the preheated oven until heated through, about 20 minutes.
Submit a review