An easy and tasty ham casserole, perfect as a side dish. This is an egg-free recipe.
Potatoes (peeled and cubed) 310 g
Celery Stalks (chopped) 60 g
Carrot (sliced) 140 g (1 large unit)
Water 710 ml
Olive Oil 45 ml
Cooked Ham (cubed) 225 g
Onion (chopped) 10 g
Olive Oil 55 ml
All-purpose Flour 25 g
Semi-skimmed Milk 235 ml
Salt 1 g
Black Pepper 2 g
Cheddar Cheese (shredded) 115 g
Dry Bread Crumbs 55 g
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C.
2. Place potatoes, celery, and carrot in a large pot and cover with water and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.
4. In a clean skillet with olive oil (45 ml) cook and stir ham, green bell pepper, and onion until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer ham mixture to baking dish and mix with potatoes.
5. Cook and stir flour in olive oil (55 ml), about 3 minutes. Gradually stir in milk and season with salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
6. Add Cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
7. Bake in preheated oven until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes.
8. Allow casserole to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Submit a review