This stir-fry is made using strips of tender, juicy marinated beef. Ginger and beef is a popular westernised chinese dish and this healthy version is not only bursting with flavour but is high in protein and energy, perfect for a pre or post workout meal!
Fillet Steaks 280 g
Soy Sauce 15 g
Ginger 10 g
Black Pepper 1 g
Basmati Rice 100 g
Coriander 40 g
Olive oil 11 g
Garlic Clove 6 g
Green Chilli 10 g
Mixed Vegetables 600 g
Cornflour 1 g
Water 45 g
1. Cut the beef fillets into thin strips.
2. Place beef strips in a bowl and add the soy sauce, chopped ginger root and black pepper. Leave the beef to marinate for about 30 minutes.
3. Cook the rice by boiling up to two-part water to one-part grain. Reduce to a simmer, part-cover and leave to cook until the water has been absorbed.
4. Turn off the heat, stir in half the coriander, cover and leave to steam through.
5. Heat a wok over a high heat and add the oil. Stir-fry the garlic and chilli, for about 30 seconds before adding the beef and its marinade. Cook the meat by continuously stirring for another 1-2 minutes.
6. Add all of the vegetables and fry briskly for another minute. Pour in a little water and, if desired, a further splash of soy sauce. Turn down the heat.
7. Mix the cornflour with the water (making sure there is no lumps) and immediately pour into the wok.
8. Stir until thickened.
9. Serve with fresh coriander rice.
Submit a review