Try this delicious chicken with apricots and coconut milk. Its high in protein, high in fibre, diary free and bursting with flavour!
Brown Rice (uncooked) 250 g
Sunflower Oil 3 g
Onion 60 g
Garlic 6 g
Chicken Breasts 500 g (4 units)
Curry Powder 10 g (2 tbsp)
Chicken Stock Cube (1 unit) 10 g
Water for the Stock 275 ml
Ground Almonds 50 g
Coconut Milk 75 ml
Dried Apricots 120 g
Soybeans 100 g
Almonds (chopped) 50 g
Coriander 15 g
1. Cook the rice in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Drain and keep to one side.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion for 5 minutes on a low heat.
3. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
4. Add the chicken and stir into the mix.
5. Add the curry powder, reduce the heat and cook with an occasional stir for 3 minutes.
6. Add boiling water to the stock cube, mix and set aside.
7. Add the ground almonds and stir until mixed well. Add the coconut milk and stock. Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
8. Add the rice, apricots and soy beans and allow to heat through. Serve in a bowl and top with with the chopped almonds and coriander.
Submit a review