During the spring months when asparagus is in season, a great way to enjoy them is panfried with some onions and cooked up with eggs into an easy frittata! This simple recipe is perfect for breakfast or lunch and can be enjoyed hot or cold!
Potatoes 250 g
Asparagus 250 g
Cherry Tomatoes 180 g
Red Onion 60 g
Mushrooms 100 g
Eggs 350 g (6 units)
Parmesan 40 g
Olive Oil 10 ml (1 tbsp) (+10 ml for Salad, 1 tbsp)
Balsamic Vinegar 5 g (1 tbsp)
Ground Chilli 1 g
Rocket Leaves 70 g
1. Preheat your oven to 180C. Boil the potatoes for 20 minutes, until soft.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan and add the asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
3. Cook for approximately 1 minute to just sear the outside and remove from the pan.
4. To the same pan add more oil along with sliced red onion. Cook on a low heat until the onions soften and becomes transparent.
5. Add the cut potatoes, sliced mushrooms, asparagus and cherry tomatoes to the pan and stir well. Heat through on a low heat.
6. In a bowl beat the eggs and pour into the pan, shaking the pan to ensure even coverage. Cook for 2 minutes on the pan then place into the oven for 5-8 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven grate some parmesan over the top. Allow to cool for 5 minutes while you prepare the salad.
8. In a large bowl add the oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning and mix together. Add the rocket leaves and gently toss the rocket to ensure an even coating of the dressing.
9. Cut the frittata and serve with the rocket salad.
Submit a review