This risotto is full of autumnal flavour. Low in fat and salt, and guaranteed to fill you up on crisp autumn evenings. This dish is also vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, egg free and gluten free - perfect for everybody!
Olive Oil 10 ml (1tbsp)
Carrot 80 g
Onion 150 g
Garlic 6 g
Celery 30 g
Sage 8 g
Salt 1 g
Black Pepper 1 g
Brown Rice/Arborio Rice 100 g
White Wine 140 ml
Vegetable Stock Cube 10 g
Water for Stock 300 ml
Acorn Squash 900 g
Pine Nuts 10 g
1. Gently heat the oil in a large saucepan, and add the carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the onion, garlic, celery, chopped sage and seasoning. Cook until mixture is soft.
2. Increase the heat and add the rice.
3. Stir the rice and vegetable mixture well ensuring the rice is combined.
4. Add the white wine and stir until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
5. Boil the kettle and add water to stock cube.
5. Add a ladle of hot stock, together with half the acorn squash. Each time the liquid is absorbed, add more stock and the remaining squash pieces.
6. Continuously stirr until all the stock and squash has been added.
7. Cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
8. Plate the risotto and garnish with pine nuts.
Submit a review