Versatile dish, ideal for cooking with kids as you can experiment with the toppings and use up what you have in the fridge.
Medium Cauliflower (grated) 250 g
Goats Cheese 100 g
Egg 60 g (1 unit)
Salt and Pepper 1 g
For Tomato Sauce:
Olive Oil 20 ml
1 Onion (chopped) 60 g
3-4 Garlic Cloves (minced) 12 g
Can of Chopped Tomatoes 400 g
Fresh Basil (chopped) 10 g
Dried Chili Flakes 1 g
1. Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. To make the crust, add the cauliflower to a pot of boiling water and boil for 5 minutes. Drain, then wrap in a teatowel and squeeze out any excess water.
3. In a bowl, mix the grated cauliflower with the goats cheese and egg, add salt and pepper.
4. Divide the cauliflower mix into four portions and, using your hands, shape the crusts on the sheet. They should be approximately 1-1.5cm thick.
5. Bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until firm and golden.
6. While the crusts are baking, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and saute for a few minutes. Add the garlic and stir briefly, then add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. When the crusts are baked, add a spoonful of tomato sauce to each and spread evenly. Add toppings and grated cheese as desired.
8. Bake the pizzas for approximately 10 minutes at 220C/450F/Gas Mark 8, until the cheese is golden.
Submit a review