Mia, from our Active Kids course, gave us this recipe for her scrumptous butter biscuits.
Butter 225 g
Caster Sugar 110 g
Plain White Flour 275 g
Orange Zest 3 g
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees C, or Gas Mark 3.
2. Cream the butter in a large bowl or in a food mixer until soft. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Sieve in the flour and add the grated zest and bring the mixture together to form a dough.
4. Remove the dough to a flat surface and roll flat to a thickness of 1 cm. Cut into individual biscuits (to any shape desired) and place them slightly apart on a baking tray.
5. Bake in the oven for 13 - 15 minutes or until they are light golden-brown and slightly firm on top.
6. Carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
Submit a review