A nutrient dense dish that will fuel your daily needs. This dish is dairy and egg-free.
Rapeseed Oil 11 ml
Potato 220 g (1 large unit)
Leek 70 g
Onion 150 g
Watercress 200 g
Vegetable Stock 175 ml
Fresh Bay Leaf 2 g
White Bread (sliced) 88 g (2 units)
Garlic Clove 6 g
Salt 1 g
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the diced potato, leek and onion. Cook for 5-10 minutes on a low heat to ensure they don't burn.
2. Add the stock and bay leaf, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Once the potato is cooked. Remove the bay leaf and add the watercress. Using a hand blender, puree the soup until smooth. Lower the heat to a minimum and check the seasoning.
4. Cut each slice of bread into four fingers and toast under a grill on low heat, turning once. When toasted, slice the garlic clove in half and rub the cut side over the bread.
5. Transfer the soup to a flask so it is ready to serve when needed, along with the bread.
Submit a review