Enjoy this Spiced Citrus Bean Soup for a quick, healthy weeknight dinner that comes together in less than 30 minutes. Suitable for vegans, vegetarians and coeliacs.
Olive Oil 20 ml
Onions (sliced) 300 g
Carrots (roughly chopped) 450 g
Garam Masala 3 g
Fresh ginger root (grated) 10 g
Juice of Fresh Orange 80 g (1 Unit)
Vegetable stock 1 L (1 Vegetable Stock Cube)
Reduced-fat Coconut Milk 200 ml
Mixed Beans (drained and rinsed) 410 g
Chopped coriander (fresh) 4 g
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
2. Gently cook the onions and carrots for 15 minutes until soft and golden.
3. Add garam masala and ginger, then cook for 1 min more.
4. Add the orange juice and stock, then bring to the boil.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes until the carrots are tender, then stir in the coconut milk.
6. Using a stick blender, puree until smooth, then add the beans.
7. Bring to a simmer, scatter over coriander and serve.
Submit a review