This steak salad is simply bursting with flavour! It also offers a good source of complete protein and a range of vitamins and minerals.
Sirloin Beef Steaks (fat removed) 200 g
Vegetable Oil (for greasing, 1 tsp) 5 ml
Tamarind Pure (2 tbsp) 20 g
Garlic (grated, 1 tsp) 5 g
Lime Juice (2 units) 40 ml
Soft Brown Sugar (3 tbsp) 30 g
Fish Sauce 15 ml
Chilli Flakes 2 g
Baby Spinach Leaves 100 g
Papayas (peeled, de-seeded and sliced, 2 units) 280 g
Coriander Leaves (picked) 20 g
Mint Leaves (picked) 20 g
Cucumber (sliced, 1/2 unit) 30 g
Spring Onions (thinly sliced) 40 g
Red Chilli (thinly sliced, 1 unit) 5 g
Crispy Onions (3 tbsp) 30 g
1. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan. Sear the steaks for 2 mins each side, then remove and leave to rest for 5 mins. When rested, thinly slice.
2. Mix the dressing ingredients together with 1 tbsp water until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Arrange the spinach, beef, papaya, herbs, cucumber, spring onions and chilli on a platter.
4. Pour the dressing over half the salad and sprinkle with the crispy onions.
5. Serve the remaining dressing on the side or save for making another salad.
Submit a review