A twist on the classic French Nicoise salad using fresh salmon. This salad is a good source of protein, low in saturated fat ideal for a nutritious lunch!
New Potatoes 250 g
Green Beans 150 g
Black Olives 20 g
Tomatoes 300 g
Eggs 100 g
White Wine 60 g
Olive Oil 11 g
Tarragon 5 g
Garlic 6 g
Mustard 16 g
Onion 60 g
Salmon 200 g
Lettuce 125 g
1. Boil or steam the potatoes and then allow to cool.
2. While they are cooling, steam the beans until tender but crisp. Drain and then run under cold water; drain again and then transfer to a salad bowl.
3. Hard boil the eggs for approx 6 minutes, cool and cut into quarters.
4. Cut the potatoes into small quarters and add to the bowl, with the olives, tomatoes and egg quarters.
5. In a saucepan combine the white wine, olive oil, tarragon, garlic, mustard and onion, and gently heat. Place the salmon steaks in the pan, and cook gently for 3-4 minutes until the salmon is opaque and firm to the touch.
6. Gently flake the salmon, and add the contents of the saucepan to the beans, potatoes, olives, tomatoes and egg.
7. Toss gently and serve on the salad leaves or the chopped lettuce.
Submit a review