A warming, hearty soup that takes less than 30 minutes to make. Great for cold evenings! It is gluten free, dairy free, low fat and low salt.
Onion 150 g
Carrot 80 g
Celery Stick 50 g
Garlic Cloves 10 g
Olive Oil 10 ml
Potatoes (peeled and cut into small cubes) 550 g
Water 1 L
Chicken stock cube 20 g (2 units) (dissolved in water above)
Rashers Streaky Bacon 90 g
Savoy Cabbage 200 g
1. Chop the onion, carrot, celery and garlic in a food processor.
2. Heat the oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan.
3. Add the vegetables and potatoes, then reduce the heat and cover the pan.
4. Gently cook for about 5 mins until starting to soften, then add the stock, turn up the heat and bring to the boil.
5. Simmer for 5 mins more, or until all the vegetables are tender.
6. While the soup is cooking, grill or fry the bacon until crisp, then cut into strips.
7. Shred the cabbage, discarding the core.
8. Whizz the soup in the food processor until smooth, then return to the pan and add the cabbage. Simmer for a few mins until the cabbage is just tender.
9. Serve scattered with the bacon.
Submit a review