Fruit fool is a classic dessert and this sweet recipe is a perfect quick idea to serve up to guests. Mangos are sweet, full of flavour and very juicy!
Ripe Mangoes 300 g
Water 45 g
Gelatine Sheets 5 g
Double Cream 200 g
Natural Yoghurt 300 g
Castor Sugar 60 g
Passion Fruit 60 g
1. With a knife, peel the mangoes, and cut around the stone to remove the flesh. Add to a food processor along with a spoon of water and blend until smooth.
2. Soak the gelatine sheets in a bowl of cold water until soft (5 minutes).
3. Whip the cream until it just starts to thicken- it should have 'soft' peaks.
Add the yoghurt and sugar to the cream and stir in.
4. In a saucepan, on a low heat, melt the gelatine in 2 tablespoons of water.
5. Now add this to the mango puree and stir well. Then add this mixture to the cream and yoghurt mix. Stir again.
6. Pour into tumblers or glasses and allow to set in the fridge for at least an hour. When set, and just before eating, halve the passion fruits and scoop the seeds on top of the mousse.
Submit a review