Lentils are not only a budget-friendly food, their high nutritional value makes them a must for everybody’s weekly shop. This delicious soup is suitable for coeliacs and those with egg or dairy allergies. It is also low in fat, saturated fat and salt. Enjoy!
Olive Oil 30 ml
Onion (cubed) 480 g
Garlic 5 g
Paprika 2 g
Celery (diced) 60 g
Carrots (diced) 240 g
Tomatoes (diced) 830 g
Water 900 ml
Vegetable Stock Cube 10 g (1 unit)
Lentils (soaked, rinsed and drained) 355 g
Bay Leaves 2 g
Ground Black Pepper 2 g
White Wine 180 ml
Fresh Parsley (chopped) 3 g
1. In a large stockpot, saute the onions in oil until they are glossy.
2. Stir in garlic, paprika, celery, carrots, and saute for 10 minutes.
3. Boil a kettle. Add boiled water to stock cube.
3. Stir in tomatoes, vegetable stock, lentils, bay leaves and pepper.
3. Stir well, then add the wine and bring to a boil. Slowly reduce the heat and cook for 1 hour on low to medium heat; or until the lentils are tender.
4. Sprinkle the soup with parsley before serving.
Submit a review