Spinachs are a great source of vitamin A and folates. This recipe is suitable for vegetarians and coeliac friendly.
Butter 25 g
Spring Onions (chopped) 150 g (1 unit)
Leek (sliced) 120 g
Celery (sliced) 85 g
Potato (peeled and diced) 200 g (1 small unit)
Black Pepper 3 g
Chicken Stock 1 l
Spinach 450 g
Half-Fat Creme Fraiche 150 g
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the spring onions, leek, celery, potato and pepper. Stir and put on the lid. Sweat for 10 minutes, stirring a couple of times.
2. Pour in the stock and cook for 10-15 minutes until the potato is soft.
3. Add the spinach and cook for a couple of minutes until wilted.
4. Use a hand blender to blitz to a smooth soup.
5. Stir in the creme fraiche. Reheat and serve.
Submit a review